These are the 5 compelling reasons why Mussoorie must be in your travel bucket list
Located in the Dehradun district of Uttarakhand state, Mussoorie is a hill station in the foothills of the Garhwal Himalayan range. It is also nicknamed as The Queen of Hills and is a gateway to Gangotri and Yamunotri.
Mid-March to mid-November is the best time to plan a visit to Mussoorie as the cold winters make it difficult to enjoy the beauty of the place. From walking along the mountains to bathing in the cool waters, it has a lot to offer to travelers and tourists alike. Look at some of the places to visit in Mussoorie.
- Kempty Falls
- At an altitude of about 1364 meters above the sea level, Kempty Falls is surrounded by the high mountain ranges.
- You can hear the rustling of the cascading waterfalls as you get closer to the place.
- Relax in the serene location or visit the water park and have fun splashing in the chilly water.
- It is one of the best places to plan a picnic with your loved ones and spend the day nestled in the lap of Nature.
- Lal Tibba
- This is the highest peak in Mussoorie. Nearly, 2290 meters above the sea level, you can get a breathtaking view of the holy shrines of Kedarnath and Badrinath.
- A Japanese telescope has been arranged at the top of the peak for people to take in the scenic beauty of the surrounding landscape.
- Lal Tibba is famous for trekking, sunrise and sunset views (where the mountains turn into a rich shade of red).
- Happy Valley
- This is the place where Tibetans first arrived in India in the year 1959. As a center of the Tibetan settlement, Happy Valley offers a sense of peace like no other place.
- Visit the Municipal Garden, the Tibetian Temple, or watch in wonder the valley culminates at the Cloud’s End.
- Try Tibetan cuisine, volunteer at the schools, or buy some souvenirs at the local shops.
- Camel’s Back Road
- The road gets its name from the way the rock is shaped that resembles the hump on a camel’s back.
- Around 3-4 K.M in the distance, it stretches from Kulri Bazaar to Library Chowk.
- It is a great place to take a leisure walk surrounded by the picturesque beauty of the green slopes and mountains.
- If you are an adventure lover, try a hand at trekking. Photographers can take pictures to their heart’s content.
- Mussoorie Lake
- At a distance of 6 K.M from the Mussoorie-Dehradun road, the lake has been developed into a picnic spot by the authorities.
- Enjoy boating in the small natural lake created by the waterfalls. Take pictures of the duck that sometimes accompany you while in the waters.
Visit the Jwalaji temple or the Christ Church. Go on a cable car ride from Jhula Ghar to Gun Hill, especially during the dusk.