How to Apply For an US E1 VISA?
E1 Visa is a visa for foreign nationals from nations which have signed an agreement with the US and want to enter into the US with the purpose of trade. This Visa is provided to you only when you agree to come back to your nation when the Visa status comes to an end. It might take six months to issue an E1 Visa with a cost of $ 1,225.
- The person needs to show that the sole reason behind his entering into the US is trade and business.
- A minimum of 50% of the trade must be carried out between the US and the country he belongs to.
- The trade can be in any form such as transportation of goods, providing services, banking, tourism, etc.
- He must belong to the country that has signed the treaty with the US.
- He should present events regarding his return to his homeland after the tenure of the Visa is completed.
Terms and conditions on which the Visa is granted
- Once you get the Visa you and stay in the US for a time span of two years, but if the trading is not completed and you wish to extend the status, you can do so. When you travel out of the US, you automatically get a 2-year extension upon readmission, but this is not applicable for the Visa holder’s family members. Moreover, there is no limit to the number of extensions granted.
- The Visa holder cannot work at any other organization other than the one he is representing for the trade.
How to apply?
- Firstly you need to fill the Form DS-160 with all the basic and relevant information.
- Pay the non-refundable application fee.
- Arrange an appointment with the US Embassy or Consult in your homeland.
- At the interview be prepared with all the documents such as your passport, a copy of the form submission, a cover letter describing the nature of work and your post in the enterprise.
- The interview will be concluded with the interviewer informing about the approval or if other documents are required.
This was a complete guide about the US E1 Visa.